Sunday, May 16, 2004

From Colossians 1

"We pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in everyway..." (Col 1:10)
It's hard to picture what that looks like, "a life worthy of the Lord", but I think Paul answers it immediately by "pleasing him in everyway". This may look different for all of us depending on our circumstances and gifting. There's not much we can do about the circumstances that we're born into and the talents and gifting that each of us have. I can read books and go to conferences and grow some of my skills through that, but the honest truth is that much of who we are is who we are. But what we can change is the intensity and the passion we choose to use what God has given us and in doing so please God in everyway.
"We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me." (Col 1:28)
Paul gives an incredible example to live by, struggling, laboring, and working... while having God, and 'all his energy' working in us. I really want to be used by God to the fullest... and I hope that I can give absoluetely all that I can as He works in me.

No comments: