Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Being Renewed...

There is so much being taught in Colossians 3, I think I’m going to break out of my chapter a day mold and only meditate on the first half this morning.
“Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.” (Col 3:1-2).
Just trying to imagine the scripture this morning – my life hid with Christ in God who is seated at the right hand of God. While I’m here on earth, I continue to set my heart on this vision of my life with Christ. This life is no longer mine and I am “being renewed in the knowledge in the image of its Creator” (Col 3:10).

This is an incredible thought, that God himself, the creator of the universe, has redeemed me and is renewing me in his image. A character with “compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience…” (Col 3:12). Yvonne put it well yesterday when she gave me her description of God’s glory – as God’s character manifested in us. This is why we’re called sons and daughters of Glory!

No comments: