Friday, November 24, 2006

Saturday Sampler...

Mark Batterson of evotional/NCC is reverse gifting and giving out free copies of his new book (In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day) to church planters for his birthday.

You've heard latest craze of Chuck Norris jokes. Chuck responds. (Thanks Albert)

Zaadz a new social-network gathering those who intend to change the world. I think it's got potential. Join! Here's mine.

Ode Magazine - Magazine for intelligent optimists, who also intend to change the world.

Zooomr Photos keeps developing and has just upgraded their pro accounts to 4GB/month! Get a pro account free here. Here are my sets.

Things really aren't looking good for Ted Haggard. I hope I'm wrong but I can't say he looks convincing to me on the video clips. Mark Driscoll writes some good thoughts on the matter.

Update: Looks like the decision's final on the NewLife church website.

Here's an excerpt from Ted Haggard's wife Gayle that I thought was very powerful.
Dear Woman of New Life Church,

I am so sorry for the circumstances that have led me to write this letter to you today. I know your hearts are broken; mine is as well. Yet my hope rests steadfastly in the Lord who is forever faithful.

What I want you to know is that I love my husband, Ted Haggard, with all my heart. I am committed to him until death "do us part". We started this journey together and with the grace of God, we will finish together.

If I were standing before you today, I would not change one iota of what I have been teaching the women of our church. For those of you who have been concerned that my marriage
was so perfect I could not possibly relate to the women who are facing great difficulties, know that this will never again be the case. My test has begun; watch me. I will try to prove myself faithful.

I'm amazed she has the strength to say something like this so soon.

Update2: Audio mp3 message of the sunday service at NewLife Church. It's loaded with insight in terms of grace, trials, church polity, and discipline.

Latest blog entires at http://onelife.voxtropolis.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know what's crazy? the music cd i just bought is from new life church.. I didn't realize until saw the same website on the album insert as on your site here.

it's the church band called Desperation Band. They're good.

Anonymous said...

that's crazy, i wonder how they're all dealing with it.