Thursday, March 09, 2006

my book...

Here's a screenshot of my book. It's more of a 50 page booklet or manual on small group leadership, but let's call it a book for now since i've always wanted to write one.

book screenshot


There's a zoom function on Microsoft Word that lets you see all of your pages. None of it is legible of course, but I just like looking at it and saying to myself, 'look at what you did'.


It still needs some editing, and is by no way complete, are books ever? I wouldn't say it's an even effort throughout, and like an artist, I know the parts that I slaved over and what I rushed through. Anyhow, it's good enough for a school project, for now.


Just one more major paper and a speaking engagement to go, and I'll be able to start sleeping again monday.

3 comments:

Yu-Ling said...

hey lon,

send the goods to me before you decide to publish it ;).

Always interested in how we can better do life together through small groups.

A side note: have you read Joseph Myers' - The Search to Belong? Good critique about small group ministries and how to rethink them.

ebrian said...

Wow.. I think you're the first person i've ever known to put their start bar on the side like that..

When is the book being published? ;)

Lon said...

Hey guys... nothings being published, at least not yet.

as my own worst critic, i felt the manual was a bit uneven.. due to requirements/time constraints but let me see if i get a chance to clean it up a bit, and i'll pass it along.

and i haven't checked out 'search to belong' ... sounds like i should