Monday, March 20, 2006

Experiential Storytelling...

I've just returned from a few days of rest and relaxation in Ottawa. It was much needed and so very cherished. Didn't do much of anything, except enjoyed ourselves.


For those who were interested in my small group leadership training 'book', let me know and I'll pass what I have along. I've got a hundred excuses why not to show it to anybody just yet. But after much thought, it'd be silly not to risk allowing people to have a glimpse into this work in process, no matter how unrefined.


Here's a photo of me and The Rock back in 2000 that reminds me to suck it up and be bold.


The rock and I


I got a bit further in several books, one of them being Mark Miller's Experiential StoryTelling. A few notes from it.



- The real beauty of experiential education is that it places trust in the learner to derive meaning from his or her experience. As a learning environment is created, the active focus shifts from the educator to the student.

- Truth divorced from experience will always dwell in the realms of doubt. (Henry Drause)

- We were created with a curiosity, a complexity, and a need for meaning

- Whether we are Christian's or not, our hearts were created to vibrate with the story of God.

- Every child is an artist. The child is how to remain an artist once he grows up (Pablo Picasso)

- Never let formal education get in the way of your learning (Mark Twain)

- Embracing this new mode of communication means worship becomes collaboration, faith now becomes a journey, and the gospel is now communicated in multiple forms of media


No comments: