Saturday, October 14, 2006

First week of seminary...

After four years of taking part-time classes, I've finally taken a much anticipated step of entering full-time studies. It was difficult integrating with the community as strictly a night student because those classes by nature were always over-sized with predominantly other students who worked full-time like I did and were in and out with our other obligations.


I'm just starting to scratch the surface of the community here. I know I'm forgetting people, but shout outs to Sharon, Grace, Troy, Adam, Carolyn, Bernard, Amy, Yuling, Morgan, Peter, Jake, Jeremy, Joel, Brian, Natalie, James, Ivan, Anita, Leo, Selwyn, and Jason. I'm glad we were able to connect, if even for a moment.


On a more disappointing note. My first attempt at starting a church planting and kingdom advancing student network completely flopped.


I'm going to need to process this some more, learn from it, and try again.


On the brighter side, my classes have been phenomenal so far. I'm taking five this term (some thing that's ridiculous, but with the baby on the way, I'd like to get as much as I can done to lighten the load later). My classes are:


Practice & Theology of Ministry

Youth at Risk

Old Testament Theology & History

Preaching

Leadership Development


I've been hammering away at the more academic core and language classes all these years so I can finally take some of these more practical sessions that I've been waiting for. Content for all of them look fantastic and the profs are excellent as well.


Leaving my job this summer I have to admit I teared up a bit. It was a life I loved, that I know I will never be returning to. At the same time, I felt that God had poured something new, something extra, into my spirit as I made the transition. Walking through the halls of school now, I still shudder at the tremendous blessing and privilege of having the hand of God guiding my life.


Who is this King of Glory, that pursues me with His love...



latest entries at htpp://onelife.voxtropolis.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Youth at Risk sounds like it would be an excellent class. With a lot of those kids it's hard to know how to minister to them unless you've thought it through ahead of time.