Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Failure... when your best just isn't good enough








































So things didn't work out this week.


Last week I was reading a book, and it was talking about how "success in God's eyes is defined by faithfulness".


I shared this with my wife, and half-jokingly said, only 'losers' say this.


The truth is, I do take some solace in this. God looks to the heart and knows our best of intentions. He doesn't expect us to be able to be able to control every outcome.


Still. I can't help but feel like this is the motto of those who give up before the battle's really started.


I've got to work on somethings in terms of clarity and execution. And one thing I've learned from following Jesus, is that even the things that aren't your fault, you take ownership of. That's what He did. That's what I plan on doing as I continue to stumble forward.


I'm too young right now, to not be failing like crazy.


Grace & Peace to all my fellow leaders who live in the fringes of failure.



latest entries at http://onelife.voxtropolis.com

No comments: