Monday, May 30, 2005

Enough Sex...

After a month long series on sex, Passion and Purity concluded yesterday.

My prayer is that every person who has come on this journey with us continues to experience the freedom Christ has promised us. I pray we aggressively rebel against our own indifference. I pray that any lingering habits, addictions, compulsions, and attitudes that demean the life that God has given us are no longer supplied room within our souls.

Should any of us stumble along the way, I pray that we would find grace in our communities to continue on the path less traveled. I'm excited to see every person walk from strength to strength and glory to glory as we pursue Christ together, leaving behind our lesser desires for the greatest passion in the universe.

Give me one pure and holy passion
Give me one magnificent obsession
Give me one glorious ambition for my life
To know and follow hard after you
~ Mark Altrogge

I hope we have helped redefine and elevate what sex is from God's perspective. That's enough talk on sex from me for now, it's been quite the journey and therapeutic for myself personally and many levels. Audio Archives of John Piper's Desiring God' conference on "Sex and the Supermacy of Christ" are excellent and can be found here.

Thanks to our sister Julie for the cover art for the Passion & Purity manual.

1 comment:

Chris Meirose said...

Piper and company (Albert Mohler, Justin Taylor and the Mahaney's plus more!) have put their thoughts to paper for "Sex and the Supremacy of Christ" in book form. I reviewed it on my blog yesterday. There is also a review by the bluefish in the UK, and by the A-team blog.