Friday, May 27, 2005

Caught in the act...

Several weeks ago my wife caught me in the act. I never thought I would do something like this, let alone have Yvonne see me this way...

One of the deciding factors in us purchasing a ps2 recently, was my wife's obsession with the game Karaoke Revolution. I wasn't all that impressed with it at first, but I found it grew on me with time. We like choosing the hard songs like 'Under Pressure' and 'ABC' and singing in duet mode with all the overlapping parts.

But then it happened. Yvonne caught me one sunday morning playing on duet mode by myself. Exposed with both mics in my hands and singing both parts, I quickly explained to her how this took the game to totally new levels of excitement and challenge. She sighed and didn't say anything, as if she was wondering why I was even explaining myself.

Then it hit me as we were driving to church. I screamed, that was Karaoke Masturbation! (Keeping in mind that I had been thinking about nothing but sex for weeks in preparation for the "Passion & Purity class I was leading).

I had been doing something by myself that was designed for two. Underneath it all, what it said to Yvonne was that I didn't need her. What once was our pleasure, had become mine alone, to be enjoyed at anytime I wanted.

Sex before God is unselfish and sacrifical, a mingling of the souls, a sacred song sung by two.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY...that is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time.

My wife and her sister LOVE Karaoke Revolution.

We laughed as I read your post aloud to her. Her only comment at the end was "I didn't know you could play in duet mode?"

Lon said...

Hey Steve, yeah, others i've shared this with got a kick out of it too. I partially did this post to set the record straight as it started to seem like rumors were spreading as the story got passed along... hilarious. KR3 as fanatics call it, is the only one that offers duet mode. Your wife and sister might want to invest in it... Although I haven't really played it since.....

B said...

so what you're saying then is church choirs are in fact orgies?

Lon said...

Gee thanks Brian for contributing to the conversation.