Monday, April 11, 2005

Randoms...

A missionary was sharing about his experiences in China at our church yesterday. The one thing that got me was the heart of the Christian leaders there. Under daily oppression and persecution one of the Christian leaders he met there had been anticipating police raiding his home and taking him to jail that night. Unlike most of us, this leader's response was that "the people in jail must be praying for a good preacher!" Amazing. Who is this King of Glory, that makes people so bold and joyous while under such trials?

This reminds me of "Jesus Freaks". A collection of stories of Christian Martyrs I use to own. Someone broke into a friend's car and stole my bag with the book in it. I hope whoever stole it read it. Now that I think about it, I wonder if that's how God needs to work in North America. We hold on to the gospel so tightly, God needs to cause people to steal it from us. hrm.

I read two books this weekend. "The Alchemist", a long overdue fiction about a sheppard boy following his heart. Incredibly poetic and philosophical. I also read Joshua Harris' "Not even a hint" for some additional class material. I've also began Malcolm Gladwell's "Blink" which looks to be as good as "The Tipping Point", more on that later.

Other links,

There's a new book interviewing Bono

Alex McManus has been doing a leadership series on his blog
The Mosaic Alliance Site is up - Thanks Tony
For those of you who don't know yet, Vertias Forums - Exploring Truth and Life has been posting audio/video's of their sessions.

1 comment:

Yu-Ling said...

hey Lon,

thx for sharing the veritas resource. It's great.

We should get together sometime and talk about.

blessings,
Yu-Ling