Friday, April 15, 2005

Church Planting Canada - National Congress


I just registered for Mosaic 2005. I think I'm the first one, judging by my reference number. Am I the only one excited about this? Must be because I'm a noobie.

Erwin McManus is doing the three plenary night sessions. Dr. Samuel Donkor, Ray Aldred (a keynote at Urbana 2003), and Joyce Heron are also speaking.

Its six-months from now and Im already excited about the networking sessions and workshops. I'll be taking a workshop with Erwin (of course), Neil Cole (Founder of Church Multiplication Associates and Life Transformation groups), Rick McKinley (Author of Jesus in the Margins), and Malcom Gladwell (Author of Tipping point, one of my favorites and Blink, which I'm reading now). Amazing. Anyone else out there interested in joining me?

I've also registered for my following 2 part time classes after I finish Greek I & II for the summer. I'll be taking Leadership Development in the Fall, and Learning and the art of teaching during the winter term. As if life wasn't exciting enough already!

3 comments:

Lu said...

So cool!! I don't know if it will be anything like Origins, but even if it's not, it's still gonna be a great time! I can't believe you're gonna get to meet and talk with Malcom Gladwell. I'm kinda jealous. :)

At any rate, have a great time. Erwin will challenge your socks off, but it's always an extraordinary and powerful experience. Go God! :)

Lon said...

Hey Mike, I can't say i'm working with CMA quite yet. Maybe i'll get connected at the conference. I'd love to here where you're at in terms of church planting these days.

and Hey Lu, i think it's pretty cool as well. I'll be sure to write all about it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lon,

I'm excited. I actually get the privilege of hosting (MC-ing) the event.

Looking forward to meeting you face to face.

Peace.