Thursday, June 08, 2006

Baby names...

We still don't know if it's a boy or girl yet, but here are few preliminary names. And yes, i'm serious about them, but I can't say Yvonne's approved of all of them... yet.


For a boy...


Optimus Prime. Hear me out on this one. Leader of the Autobots. Brought hope to humanity, even though he was not like them. Defender of good. Always at the frontline of battles. Empowered others. Rallied the troops.Experienced pain, death, and resurrection.

Maximus - from Gladiator

Freeman - I love Morgan, and it's a great word combo

Luther - for both Lex, and the Martin's out there.

Crash - Great film, forward moving, and unafraid.


For a girl...


Hunter - Imagine guys saying, dude, stay away from her, her names hunter!

Stellar - as in stars and spectacular

Sashimi - I was thinking of some type of sushi theme because it's both raw and refined.

Liv(e) - short, sweet, and a constant reminder of what to do when she wakes up.

Ashling/Asher - I was thinking of something that starts with A, since she'll likely be a december baby, and might be at the end of the line for a lot of things, this might even things out. I like something starting with Ash, but Yvonne thinks it sounds too much like 'ass'.


For middle names, I'm really leaning towards these two...


Ruach - Hebrew meaning spirit, breath, wind, courage... for a boy.

Ecclesia - Greek for sent out, or called out, as in called out from darkness to light... for a girl.


What do you think?

http://onelife.voxtropolis.com for the latest entries / comments.


2 comments:

Heather Durkee said...

You guys are definitely thinking outside the box on this one!

I am not sure of your last name so here are the ones that I like. I am assuming you thought how they would sound w/ your last name.

boy

Freeman

girl

Liv(e)

Sidenote: Mac Powell from Third Day named his girl Scout. Maybe hunter wouldn't be that bad...

Good Luck.

We have a boy named picked out, but I still think its going to be awhile before we have a child.

Lon said...

Thanks for the feedback! my wife's overwhelmed by the possibilites... I'll be sure to announce the name we choose!