Sunday, June 20, 2004

Jesus Sings...

I’ve never heard anyone describe this. Or at least I never noticed it before, but check this verse out…
“Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers. He says,
‘I will declare your name to my brothers;
in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises’” (Hebrews 2:11-12)
I had to backtrack and read this over a few times, because my gut reaction is that it implies we’re the ones who sing praises… but if I’m reading this correctly, it’s Jesus that sings our names. Imagine that. Our voices intermingled in harmony with Jesus singing praises in heaven! This reminds me of Zephaniah 3:17
"The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."
Who is this King of Glory that pursues us with his love? Who sings with us and to us?
Here’s a link on Matt Redman’s thoughts on the Father’s Song, a song he wrote based on this verse.

No comments: