Monday, February 12, 2007

The silence in church...

I love my church, but an ear-aching silence hit me while I was sitting in the sanctuary trying to listen to the message today.


200 people sitting quietly in one moment in time. That’s an awful lot of people to not be expressing themselves.


However, I still believe in preaching. I’ll post a few thoughts on it in the coming weeks.


UPDATE: by the way this not a knock at my church, but the very act of the preaching moment to a postmodern audience in general. Our church often attempts to engage people in different ways (ie. forms of worship, response, skits, informal randomness, laughter, visuals, etc.)


As for now, does your church look anything like this?…



The audience is listening.



See the latest entries and comments at One Life.


No comments: