Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Moved in...

It took 20 people and a whole lot of sweat, but we've moved everything in, moved some things into storage (my parents), gave away couches, ac's and a television, hardwooded most of the floors, and repainted every wall. boxes are still ceiling high, but just in different places now.

Yvonne and I are on around year 4 of our 30 year plan right now. everything seems to be falling into place so far, but we didn't expect to find ourselves owning a condo right now.

I finished Malcom Gladwell's Blink recently. I have to say I did most of while on the can. Excellent bite-size nuggets of thoughts throughout the book, but not as good as Tipping Point if you ask me. More on that later.

I've been in awe of the community of people that have helped us out this past while. This group started out from scratch in January and has grown into such a beautiful community of God. I'm left speechless by their sacrifice, service, and support. They've treated our home as if it were their own, and it certainly is.

"How good and how pleasant it is when brothers and sisters live together in unity" (Psalm 133:1).

I'll start posting regularly again, real soon.

2 comments:

Heather Durkee said...

Aren't Christians awesome! We have so many friends including college professors that are helping us move. I love the community where people just serve each other. I am glad to hear that you are moved. I can't wait till we are. I am also weeding through our stuff and getting rid of stuff i don't need or want. We are also not buying groceries in order to eat what we have. Its amazing how much you actually have if you really look! God bless you both with everything that is ahead of you!

Anonymous said...

You are up today for strengths - enjoy and send people who know you to interact - that is always fun. JVD