Thursday, April 27, 2006

Caleb...

Our small group just had it's first baby. Chris & Sharon just gave birth to Caleb. what a great name...


Caleb was one of the spies who explored the Promise Land, but because the Israelites didn't listen to his advice, they ended up wandering aimlessly for fourty years inthe desert. In Joshua 14, Caleb is an octogenarian. He says, "Here I am today, eight-five years old! I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out: I'm just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then." And then you can hear forty-five years of pent-up conviction in his voice. "Now give me this hill country that the Lord promised me that day." Caleb doesn't want Joshua to simply settle on a piece of property and retire. He's still passionate anand willing to fight even in his old age. He wants the hill country - the land of giants.


Here's a picture of the family. Below it seems like a favorite on my flickr site, of Sharon comparing her belly with my dad's.


Baby Caleb My dad and Sharon

No comments: