Monday, January 31, 2005

Inattentive in class...

Is it wrong to have the opportunity to be studying systematic theology at a seminary and not be able to pay attention?

I got bored enough to do a search on my own name. Looks like there are other Lon Wong's out there. I even found an ibm award photo of myself from a couple years ago. So lame.

I've had Erwin's new book Barbarian Way on order from amazon for several weeks to ship when it was released. To my surprise it was already availble in the bookstore here. Some inspiring excerpts i found scouring the web...
Two thousand years ago God started a revolt against the religion HE STARTED. So don't ever put it past God to cause a groundswell against churches and Christian institutions that bear His name. If He was willing to turn Judaism upside down, don't think for a moment our institutions are safe from a divine revolt. I am convinced that even now there are multitudes of followers of Jesus Christ who are sick and tired of the church playing games and playing down the call of God. My travels only confirm that the murmurings of revolution are everywhere. I am convinced that there is an uprising in the works and that no one less than God is behind it...
Amazing. More excerpts here and here. Is anyone else excited about what's to come as well?

While I'm procrastinating. Let me give give some random props. I'm writing this entry with w.bloggar. I haven't found a simpler and more comprehensive tool to meet my occasional blogging needs. I work primarily off of an ibm T30 notebook. I use a Palm TungstenT. I'd like to upgrade when they integrate something with a phone, video/camera, mp3 player, pda, with apple styling. I use iambic agendus, palm bible plus and mybible niv deluxe. GAIM is my all-in-one instant messenger. I fell in love with firefox when i discovered tabbed browsing there (so i can further multi-task) and picasa2 has got to be one of the best free image viewers around. All this to say that i'm a geek, and all these tools help keep me afloat. All this and i'm just barely making it by.

Whelp, class is up. I'll share where I get much of my spiritual feeding next time around.

3 comments:

meow said...

Looks like a good book. Thanks for sharing. I'm gonna grab mine soon. :)

Adam said...

ever been to origins?

Lon said...

Hey Adam, have you? I had plans to last year, and can't this year. I'll eventually make it out i'm sure. I was considering joining their mentoring network, but I find it a bit too steep price-wise.